The validity period of your ESTA authorization is 2 years from its acceptance.

To travel to the United States, you will need a valid travel document. If you plan to travel to the United States, you will need a valid travel document. You must obtain your ESTA from the American authorities and it is granted for a period of 2 years.

If your document is no longer valid, you will be considered an illegal immigrant and subject to arrest by US immigration. You must know the rules concerning ESTA!

The validity period of your ESTA authorization is 2 years from its acceptance.

Many people apply for ESTA authorization every time they travel to the United States (ESTA is mandatory, even for transit). However, it is useless to repay the form if it is still valid. The ESTA travel authorization shall be valid for two years from the date of issue.

Let us take an example: you apply for an ESTA permit on January 1, 2015. Your ESTA will then be valid until December 31, 2016. However, if your passport expires before that date, let's take July 15, 2015 as an example, and then its expiry date will also be July 15, 2015. The expiry date is indicated on the authorization, so you can't go wrong. During these two years of validity, you will be able to travel to and from the United States multiple times.

Be careful not to exceed, because if the stays are close and repeated, the American authorities may suspect you of wanting to immigrate to the United States.

What events can affect the validity of your ESTA?

The date of validity of the ESTA shall be indicated on the authorization. All the information given on the form must be correct. This means that if the information has changed since your last trip, your ESTA is no longer considered valid and you will need to submit a new request to update this information.

This happens if, for example, you have moved or if you have changed employers. Please note that this date may be reduced, as its validity expires when your passport expires. It should not be confused with the length of stay. Although ESTA is valid for two years, your stay cannot exceed 90 days. Be careful not to exceed this duration, because the American authorities are not joking with immigration and you risk being banned from staying in the USA and seeing your future ESTA refused.

If your stay exceeds 90 days, you must first apply for a tourist VISA (B2).

ESTA allows you to spend 90 days on American soil. After this period, your authorization lapses and you become an illegal immigrant and may be arrested by the U. S. immigration authorities. It is essential to know exactly what awaits you in case of exceeding the legal duration of your stay.

If you have lost your travel authorization, don't panic, ESTA is easy to retrieve. To do this, go to the form and follow the protocol to retrieve your ESTA document. In a few clicks you will find your certificate, which you must print.

First Time ESTA VISA / ESTA USA Applicant?

Update your Travel Authorization?