Different U. S. visas for reasons other than work

You are planning to go to the United States to continue your studies or for a tourism stay of more than 90 days. At that point, you need to obtain a VISA. There are different types of residence permits whose validity period depends on many factors, such as the reason for coming to the United States or your country of origin.


Different U. S. visas for reasons other than work

American visas are numerous and each one has its own specificity. To travel to the USA on business or pleasure trips of more than 90 days, you must obtain a visa of type B which can be valid for 1,3 and 10 years and which allows you to stay for a maximum of 6 months in a row in the United States.

The VISA type J1 is issued for a maximum of 18 months for people wishing to do a professional internship in the USA or 12 months renewable once for au pair girls.

Type F VISA is intended for non-immigrant students wishing to pursue their studies at an American university.

Finally, type C VISA is granted to persons who have not been able to obtain a temporary residence permit and who need to transit through the USA.

Work-related visas

Depending on your skills and the position you are looking for, the forms are not the same. Thus, the H1B visa concerns highly qualified individuals recruited by an American employer for a very specific position. It is valid for 3 years, renewable once.

The type L visa only applies to Japan, Germany and India for periods ranging from 3 months to 5 years. Finally, the VISA type E is renewed every 2 years and is granted to people who have come to work in the United States to invest in it.

There is a VISA of type and P granted to people with outstanding qualities. Simply put, these authorizations are intended for people and celebrities.

Other articles related to the same subject:

First Time ESTA VISA / ESTA USA Applicant?

Update your Travel Authorization?