Where to apply for your VISA?

A VISA is required for your stay on US soil, if you wish to stay there for more than 3 months. There are different types of permits to travel to the USA that correspond to the purpose of your trip. You will apply for a VISA to study in the United States, become an au pair, work and invest in the United States, or follow a tourist itinerary lasting more than 90 days.

If the reasons for the request are varied, the procedure for obtaining it remains the same.

Where to apply for your VISA?

Whichever type of VISA asks the U. S. embassy or consulate, you will be required to go to the embassy or the consulate to receive the application package and return it once you have completed and you are in possession of all the documents requested in the file. The first document to be provided is obviously a valid biometric, optical or electronic passport. If it expires, it is therefore with this paper that we will have to start and apply for renewal.

When to apply for your VISA?

It is advisable to apply for your VISA well in advance. You have to fill out a number of forms, some of which are online, collect a lot of paperwork and take them back to the embassy or consulate. You should also take into account the time taken to process your application, which includes a thorough review of your file.

Among the documents requested, you will have to provide an identity photo, documents proving that you intend to return to France at the end of your stay, the DS-156 form to be completed online and in English, proof of payment of the application fees and a Chronopost envelope. Other documents may be requested depending on the reason for your stay. Finally, you will have to be interviewed at the embassy.

Regardless of the type of VISA requested, interviewing the U. S. Embassy is a mandatory step in the VISA application process. In English, it will be used to explain your motivations for going to the United States. Please be well prepared, gathering all the necessary documents and preparing the answers to the questions you will be asked.

The duration of a VISA can range from 12 months for an au pair to 10 years in the context of a VISA B. Each VISA application is examined on a case-by-case basis by the US authorities.

To visit Hawaii and if you come from one of the 27 ENP member countries, you do not need VISA.

It is now possible to reach Cuba via the United States. Only 150km by ferry from Miami to Havana and you won't even need a VISA.

The price of your VISA can vary from $150 to $400 depending on the type of authorization requested.

Other articles related to the same subject:

First Time ESTA VISA / ESTA USA Applicant?

Update your Travel Authorization?